Cincinnati S.O.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cincinnati S.O.G.

Cincinnati Airsoft forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FN30 Machinegun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
killbucket

FN30 Machinegun Empty
PostSubject: FN30 Machinegun   FN30 Machinegun EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:07 pm

This item is NOT offered for sale.
My Scratch-build FN Herstal FN30 Machine gun body:
FN30 Machinegun 001FN30byKillbucket
The standard M1919 side plates and sight-mount are here.

FN30 Machinegun 002FN30byKillbucket
The buffer group is made of stacked, 6mm-thick sheets. Once I get the final contours, I'll smooth it out some.

FN30 Machinegun 003FN30byKillbucket
The trigger slide is made, but not installed yet. I need to learn something called tolerances...the slot and the slide are exactly the same size. Perfect if I wanted a press-fit.

FN30 Machinegun 004FN30byKillbucket
The two side plates are separate parts now, as are the front and back assemblies, and the top latch. Each of these items can be independently removed, without disturbing the others. What ever gets put inside this, its parts will be easy to get to.

FN30 Machinegun 005FN30byKillbucket
I even added a safety bar. One day, I'll even come up with a charging handle I like. For now, they are a blank slot, with three hole positions.

FN30 Machinegun 006FN30byKillbucket
The small loop inside the grip area is for a on/off "safety" switch.

FN30 Machinegun 007FN30byKillbucket
None of these parts have been de-burred or sanded. This is how they come from the CNC, snapped out of the "trees I cut them into.

More to come...
Back to top Go down
killbucket

FN30 Machinegun Empty
PostSubject: Re: FN30 Machinegun   FN30 Machinegun EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 am

A few more shots. Almost sun-up, will take some clear outdoor shots today.
FN30 Machinegun 008FN30byKillbucket
The two semi-circular cutouts in the top of the handle mount are for the safety slide assembly.

FN30 Machinegun 009FN30byKillbucket
There will be a slide block very similar to what the real-steel has, to block the trigger when the safety is "on".

FN30 Machinegun 010FN30byKillbucket
I have standardized my M1919 body and parts. This grip will go onto any of the last 20 guns I've built. four #8, 1/2"-long screws hold it into place. The same size screw is used, literally everywhere! Tear-down is a no-brainer, just toss all the screws into a handy container- no sorting.

FN30 Machinegun 011FN30byKillbucket
Still experimenting with paint finishes, I wanted the grip to look like worn, cast aluminum. Lower grip mount is one part, thermo-formed with two 30deg bends.
Back to top Go down
killbucket

FN30 Machinegun Empty
PostSubject: Re: FN30 Machinegun   FN30 Machinegun EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Down with the flu...ugh.

Update- the Dual Browning now has the FN30's grip and trigger group...
http://www.killbuckets.com/the_wife_dual_browning.htm
You MAY need to re-load pages, this was JUST posted...
Page six shows the installed microswitch, and how it works using the normally closed contacts.

Also, a M4/M16 tour, and a Custom Airsoft tour have been added to the home page:
http://www.killbuckets.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FN30 Machinegun Empty
PostSubject: Re: FN30 Machinegun   FN30 Machinegun Empty

Back to top Go down

FN30 Machinegun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cincinnati S.O.G. :: Airsoft related :: Killbuckets Awesomeness-
Jump to: